Vehicle cyber security is important!
YOU will have the keys!
= DRIVING FREEDOM
We solve the consumer protection challenge of electronics-intensive vehicles as simple as possible by providing YOU a firewall means to control access and prevent misuse of YOUR data. It’s simple to install and remove. You can prevent hacking, theft, & odometer roll-back and enhance your privacy, safety & security.
HOW IT WORKS
The AUTOCYB® CYBER LOCK attaches to the vehicle’s diagnostic port connector to safeguard your data.
This lockout gives you the reassurance of knowing that you have control of crash data. The “black box” will still work as it is designed to. However, you determine when and whom sees the data (within State and Federal law) and thus, control how it is used.
The owner of the vehicle is considered to be the rightful owner; however, courts can subpoena crash data. Crash data can be used in civil and criminal court cases.
- There is an established need and growing widespread demand for a simple, reasonably priced turn-key product and dealer-centric service to provide consumer protection to motorists who own or operate modern electronic-intensive vehicles.
- Buzz terms like Connected-Cars and Internet-of-Things (IoT) technology will not achieve full potential without consumer acceptance.
- Our protect seeks to safeguard and protect the vehicle owner from vehicle theft, cyberattacks, crash data tampering and odometer fraud and thus provides essential consumer protection.
- We believe consumer protection leads to consumer acceptance and prevents a consumer backlash.
- The locking product is fully developed and tested. It conforms to the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) global standard IEEE-1616a. The NFC product is under development.
- It is designed for U.S. post-1996 light vehicles (cars and trucks) that include a functional and accessible diagnostic link connector, normally located under the steering column.
Easy to Install
To install, first, find the interface port on your vehicle. The location of this port varies by manufacturer and model, but all post-1996 vehicles are required to include this port. The D-shaped OBDII port will be located within three feet of the steering wheel and should be readily available to a person in the driver’s seat. If you have trouble finding your interface port, don’t forget to look under the dashboard area in front of the passenger seat.
Once you locate the connector, just plug the CYBER LOCK into it — turn the key to preventing tampering. What it does, essentially, is put a lock on your data recorder diagnostic port so you have control over who accesses it. You can remove it for maintenance, inspection or emissions testing by reversing the process.
Get in Touch
How to Install AUTOCYB®
Commercial for AUTOCYB®